VISITING CHICAGO IN THE SUMMER
Welcome to Chicago! With the first official day of summer upon us, it’s time to celebrate the most popular season in the city.
Here at Wheat’s End Café, we’re ringing in summer with a new, fresh menu! Of course, we’ll keep the all-time favorites like our Egg Benedicts and Avocado Toast. Spoiler alert: our weekly special, the Chicken and Waffles will now be on our permanent menu! Stay tuned for more! While the temperature is rising, in the meantime, cool down at Wheat’s End Café with a refreshing Bridgeport iced coffee or celebrate with our housemade Bloody Mary.
And if you’re visiting Chicago for the first time, here are some iconic sites to make every moment count!
1) Start with a delicious gluten free breakfast at Wheat’s End Café. We open at 10 a.m. on weekdays, Tuesday through Friday, and at 9 a.m. on the weekends!
2) We’re not far from Wrigleyville, so if you can grab tickets, check out a Cub’s game! The stadium has been an iconic symbol of the city for over 100 years.
3) Head to the Loop by renting a bike, or using a Divvy Bike, by riding along Lake Shore Trail. If you’re feeling ambitious, make your way to the elevated trail on the 606 in Humboldt Park. A formerly abandoned stretch of elevated railway track connects Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Wicker Park and Bucktown.
4) Go to the beach! Believe it or not, Chicago turns into a beach town in the summer. Check out Oak Street Beach for some sun and sand.
5) Once you get downtown, see a concert or appreciate some public art at Millennium Park. It’s a great place to meet friends in the summer, where there are free concerts and outdoor movies. Don’t forget to take a picture by the Cloud Gate, better known as “The Bean.”
6) Walk along the Chicago Riverwalk and hop on an Architecture River Cruise. The historical 90-minute tour is one of the most famous activities in Chicago..
7) And if it’s raining, tuck into the Art Institute of Chicago. The impressive permanent collection of more than 300,000 artworks could be an all-day affair.
8) Don’t miss a summer festival! There are loads to choose from.
10) Lastly, check out a show at Second City. The improvisational theater is where so many stars got their start.
And don’t forget to check back in at Wheat’s End Café soon for our new summer menu!